FIVE INDIAN STATES TO CELEBRATE LOVE
All ‘happily ever afters’ depend upon the first journey – an exceptional honeymoon that you will dearly remember. If you love exotic nature, history and if you are looking for hidden gems full of mystery and romance, then book flights to India – NOW!
India is a mixture of medieval and contemporary worlds, rich heritage, delicious cuisine, friendly people, mesmerizing landscapes, all filled with fairytale charm.
With over 1.3 billion people, India is the second most populous country in the world. It represents a union of 29 states and seven union territories, which vary greatly in culture, religions, languages and ethnic groups.
Indian civilization is one of the oldest on the planet, and while it has always been moving forward, it still keeps the spirit of mighty empires. Palaces and forts that once were ruled by dynasties; temples and churches, cities and small villages, mountains and coastline – all together will introduce you to the heritage, art, culture, architecture and glorious past and present of India. It is the only country that offers you luxurious life at affordable price. It has a wide range of hotels, including the magnificent palace-hotels in Rajasthan and Jaipur, where you can have a genuinely royal honeymoon. There are many things to do in India from exploring coral reefs, historic cities and sites like Taj Mahal, glowing beaches, and thrilling adventures. In other words, you can have it all, depending on what you would choose.
Whether you prefer to take a tour or to explore India on your own, the states we suggest below offer a multi-city trip within them, promising truly romantic and royal honeymoon getaways for lovebirds.
Do some further research for additional information:
Honeymoon Mode: Relaxing, Adventurous
Unlike many other places, this state in South India is rich with its greenery, warm tropical climate, diverse destinations, such as beaches and hill stations, backwaters, waterfalls, wildlife experiences, and is considered to be a true paradise for nature lovers.
Known as “God’s Own Country”, Kerala – located between the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea – is an absolute paradise that you should accurately explore.
While in Kerala, get a soothing ayurvedic massage, as Kerala is the birthplace of the ancient healing science of Ayurveda. Take backwater cruise, have long walks among spice plantations to inhale the aromas of cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, thyme. Visit the waterfalls, take wildlife treks, and stay for one night in the wooden cottages built on trees.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Alappuzha or Alleppey “The Venice of the East”
- Munnar: Tea gardens, Tata Tea Museum, Munnar Hill Station
- Wayanad: Treehouses, spice plantations, the heart-shaped lake
- Waterfalls: Athirapilly, Palaruvi, Thusharagiri, Meenmutty, Attukal
- Beach resorts: Kovalam, Alleppey, Cherai, Varkala
- Kottayam: Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Thrissur – the cultural capital of Kerala
Honeymoon Mode: Romantic, Cultural
A desert kingdom – Rajasthan is famous for the architectural brilliance, the most magnificent forts and beautifully crafted palaces. Located on the North-Western side of India, the royal state of Rajasthan will greet you with its rich culture and the romantic cities of the Rajput era. You can amaze your beloved one with the hot air balloon ride, jeep safari, camel ride, royal elephant polo. There is everything for extravagant lifestyle followers.
Get a glimpse of Rajasthan beauty, from Jaipur to Jaisalmer, explore countryside from a camel’s back in Bikaner or do absolutely nothing, just hold hands and enjoy the setting sun from the Honeymoon Point in Mount Abu.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Jaipur “Pink City”: Amber Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal – palace floating in the water, Elephant Farm
- Jodhpur: Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Maha Mandir, Nehru Park, Government Museum, Sarafa Bazaar
- Chittorgarh: Chittorgarh Fort, Rana Kumbha Palace, Padmini’s Palace and Padmini’s Gardens, Archeological Museum, Rana Sanga Market, Fort Fateh Prakash Palace
- Pushkar: Pushkar Palace, Brahma Temple, Pushkar Lake, Man Mahal, Apteshwar Temple, Raghunath Temple, Sarafa Bazaar
- Udaipur: City Palace Udaipur, Shiv Niwas Palace, Eklingji Temple, Lake Palace, Lake Pichola, City Palace Museum, Ahar Museum, Jag Mandir
- Mount Abu: Honeymoon Point, Sunrise Palace, Achalgarh Fort, Luna Vashi Temple
Honeymoon Mode: Relaxing, Beach, Fun
Just imagine – a sunset over the Arabian Sea Coast, exotic beaches, and the sound of sea waves and swaying palm trees, you and your love. Yes, that is what you can have in Goa – a trendy destination among romance lovers. This smallest Indian state is suitable for all moods and interests, offering adventures, relaxing and parties. Goa invites you to its forts, churches, temples, old mansions, wildlife sanctuaries, waterfalls and hidden backwaters. For party animals, there are plenty of different clubs, bars and wild beach parties. Various water sports activities are carried on beaches, such as surfing, water skiing, parasailing, scooters, snorkelling, jet skiing, e.t.c.
Every night you will enjoy looking at beautiful sunsets, which will make your heart skip a beat.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Bardez: Anjuna Beach, clubs, Anjuna Flea Market
- Panaji: Calangute Beach
- Dudhsagar Waterfall
- Old Goa: Basilica of Bom Jesus
- Panjim: Aguada Fort, Candolim Beach
- Talaulim Ilhas: The Church of St. Anne
- Parshem City: Shri Bhagavati Temple
4. UTTAR PRADESH
Honeymoon Mode: Romantic, Cultural Heritage
Nobody thinks of India without Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It will add a special meaning to your relationship, as it is an example of immortal love. An incredible love story of the emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz makes this architectural beauty one of the most important tourist sites in the world.
Besides the Taj Mahal, there are other places that are well worth a visit in Uttar Pradesh. A unique blend of history, spirituality, glory and legends, this Indian state offers you an exotic trip. It is well-known among religious people for being the birthplace of Krishna, the place where Buddha delivered his first sermon. The state has many historically and religiously important places. Don’t miss the morning sunrise boat tour down the Ganges River in Varanasi and many more romantic activities.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Agra: Taj Mahal, Taj Mahal Garden, Agra Red Fort, Taj Mahal Museum, Jama Masjid, Rambagh Gardens, Fatehpur Sikri, Akbar’s Tomb at Sikandra, Spiritual Museum
- Varanasi: Gyanvapi Mosque, Golden Temple, Durga Temple, Ganges river
- Allahabad: Triveni Sangam, Anand Bhavan, Planetarium, Allahabad Museum
- Mathura: Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi, Prem Mandir Vrindavan, Government Museum
- Lucknow: Bara Imambara, Chota Imambara, Zoological Garden
5. ANDAMAN ISLANDS
Honeymoon Mode: Relaxing, Romantic, Active
The Andaman Islands located in the Bay of Bengal with their crystal clear sea and golden shores are waiting for the newlyweds. There you can experience rare flora and fauna, eco-friendly environment, bioluminescent-beaches, many hills, stunning rainforests and tones of breathtaking activities, including swimming with elephants, walking underwater, exploring jungle or caves, marine life, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling, other water sports. These turquoise islands are for water enthusiasts and nature lovers.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Port Blair: Mount Harriet National Park,
- Havelock Island: Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach, Govindnagar Beach, Underwater walk
- Little Andaman
- Neil Island: Sitapur Beach, Bharatpur Beach, Natural Bridge
- Baratang Island: Parrot Island, Baludera Beach, limestone caves
- Diglipur: Ram Nagar, Lamiya Bay, Alfred Caves, Jal Tikry, Ross Island
- Jolly Buoy: Multicolored coral reefs
- Chidiya Tapu: Bird Island
BE INSURED ON YOUR HONEYMOON
Your once in a lifetime journey is supposed to be unforgettable. Make sure it is not remembered for some unexpected negative reasons. You may have planned everything ahead from the hotel to the tours, what you will wear, what you will eat, but if you don’t have a Travel Medical Insurance, it means that without even realizing that, you may be putting your and your spouse’s health at risk. What will you do if an emergency happens while you are already in India, in a foreign land? Will you be able to find the medical facilities that are well qualified to treat your needs? Will you be financially ready to pay all the expenses? Just imagine if you are in a rural area, which doesn’t have facilities with high standards of care? Think about some other risks that might occur during your journey:
- Food poisoning
- Car accident
- Injuries after risky activities
- Sudden weather changes: hurricane, tornado, floods
Not being well prepared is a possibility of turning a romantic journey into a stressful one. Even the thought of a medical emergency while you are in a foreign country on a honeymoon, is what can ruin it all. If you think you won’t be doing anything risky that will affect your health and you will be safely locked in your room or having romantic dinners in luxurious restaurants, remember – things happen when you least expect it, even if your trip is not adventurous at all.
Travel medical insurance will help you to get adequate help from qualified doctors in the high standard medical facilities, covering all expenses. The most significant benefit you would receive from it it is a peace of mind, so nothing would disturb you from enjoying time with your loved one.
All you need is to make an online purchase at Insured Traveler, receive your insurance certificate by mail and voilà, celebrate love in India.